Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"AND YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS"??? - CHECK THIS OUT!!!

.............."reign over me"..........A Movie Review.............4 stars!

...Consider that this movie has an "All Star Cast".....Adam Sandler - Don Cheadle - Liv Tyler - Jada Pinkett Smith....And....
..."Do you get the Picture?"

Just the mention of Adam Sandler....and we are already thinking....Has to be a great comedy? A real...> ROFLMAO<....KIND OF MOVIE.

WRONG! Albeit, there is a few hysterical moments, This is a real gut wrenching, Heartbreaking, Tear Jerker. It is not appropriate for young kids, and there is some strong profanity in a few of the scenes....The truth is it may offend some of your Christian Sensibilities.

Some of the Comedic Bits have sexual overtones, With that being said, This film has a serious message... It will take a few before you actually get it, and figure out exactly what it is that "CHARLEY FINEMAN" IS DEALING WITH!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE, ONLY WITH MATURE VIEWERS REMEMBER, and prepare yourself emotionally...Buckle up!

I have to admit, this movie shook me up a little bit. Especially since I have been going through this depression thing I've been sharing with you.

I Don't want to give this movie away for you until you have had an opportunity to see it for yourself.... then I think you might understand better, why I've titled to days writing the way I have?

Maybe not?

I was profoundly touched by this movie, and in the end, all I could say,... "And you think you have Problems???

It is difficult to know sometimes how to reach out to someone that has experienced a devastating Trauma in their lives, but a little love goes a long ways.

I had a pretty rough night and didn't get much sleep so I'll take a break for now, and don't hold it against me at this point for I feel like I'm not doing a very good job at expressing my thoughts at the moment...I'm sure I'll really be doing a lot of editing on this one...Who Knows, I may scrap the whole thing and start over.

....BTW I always try to figure out if God has anything to say about something when it touches so many chords in my heart and soul, especially a movie or a song, and guess what? It Does!.....Think about Job and what he went through before you crawl into your own private pity party and pull the covers up over your head today.


Good long nap.....It's 8:00PM....I proofed the previous text and I'm Happy with it, so we will leave it as is and hopefully have a discussion over the movie, as y'all have a chance to give it a gander!

Please let these passages from Job minister to you....Hopefully, as much as they did to me....

God ministered to my heart this morning from these passages, Thought i would share them with you.......JOB

4:17 "Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?"

5:4 "His children are far from safety, and they are crushed in the gate, neither is there any to deliver them."

The remaining verses are excerpts from the 5th chapter....
7-9 "Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward. I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:"

11 "To set up on high those that be low; that those which mourn may be exalted to safety."

16 "So the poor hath hope,...."

17-18 "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole."

25 "Thou shalt know also that thy seed shall be great, and thine offspring as the grass of the earth."

27 Lo this, we have searched it, so it is; hear it, and know thou it for thy good."

Job can be pretty heavy, so let me leave you with a couple of my favorite passages from the New Testament.......

Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

I Cor.2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."


Remember this...."It is God's Word that sets us free, "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" "and if the Son sets you free, Ye shall be free indeed." HALLELUJAH

BE WELL.....BE BLESSED

YOUR SERVANT IN THE BELOVED

Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am new to this, and I am not one to think and write alot. so I hope I dont bore you time to time when you stop by my blog! Aimee did give me your blog and I have already stopped by to read a few times, really awesome testimony brother! May god bless you! I thank you for the tip on staying close to my family, I need to remember that from time to time!! but I do know from my life growing up that family needs to be first, so thanks! I may write my testimony on my blog soon, inspired by you!! Thanks and God bless!
On our knees we Triumph!