Thursday, April 10, 2008

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! Can I get a Witness?

Ephesians 5:20 -
...."Giving thanks always, for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Phillipians 4:11 - 13 & Verse 19 -
...."Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, In whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
...."I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need."
...."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

V-19...."But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

.... Two things I need to share with you today, even though they are a departure of the telling of my never ending story.

....The first being testimony again of how my heavenly Father has once again met a need in our families lives.

....I may have mentioned in a previous post how Beth had to travel a few weeks ago to Augusta Georgia, Where Michael II, being in the Army is stationed there. His wife Jess, and Michael III (I Nick named him 3peat) are living there with him also until he gets deployed to the Middle East. Anyways, Michael had left his car here when they were here on leave between Duty Stations. After Basic training, Michael was stationed at Good Fellow Air force Base In San Angelo Texas Where he had to under go some additional training for his Military Intelligence MOS. His permanent Duty Station is at Fort Gordon in Augusta Georgia.

Anyways while Michael was here on leave they purchased another Vehicle. A SUV and on the day they left, their was a bad snow storm and they decided to all pile into the New Explorer and left their Chevy Cobalt here. The circumstances came up and they needed their Car and Momma got picked to be the one to deliver it for them. As much as I would have liked to have gone with her, I needed to stay behind and take care of my Mother. We have been providing Health care for her for about 4 years now and I felt that it was more important for momma to go spend time with her grandson and very pregnant Daughter In Law and her Baby Boy of course. She went I stayed behind.

As you have well heard...That is, if you have been following my Blog as it is called, We have been out of work for about 3 - 4 months now as a result of a very tired and worn out truck. 300,000 miles on this truck and it is in need of some pretty extensive repairs or replacement.
... We no longer believe in buying on credit as the credit trap is all part of an elaborate plan of our enemy to enslave us and suck us into the end time one world money system. I will deal with the Biblical basis for that in the near future so stay tuned. If we don't have the cash for it, we don't buy it.

The fact of the matter is, that maybe God has Shut the door on that Internet Trucking business that we have owned and operated for the last couple of years...And we believe that if God shuts one door, another will be opened to us or another avenue will be revealed. In the meantime, I have to learn to trust that God will somehow provide.
.... I am trying to do that, but I must say that sometimes my faith is not that strong. Especially when the few bills that I have are behind or there's no cash for the current needs.
....I've shared all this to say that God continually proves to me that he is more than able to take care of us whether it is in a style or fashion that I am used to or one that I would prefer??? Now that might be a different story.

...Let me share with you how God makes a way when there doesn't appear to be a way and the lessons we learn from it.

...Just to make along story just a little bit shorter.
....We haven't had the money for Beth to come home and due to circumstances beyond their control, Michael & Jess have not had the money either to send her home. But God today through His unlimited resources and some dear saints who made an incredible personal sacrifice sent enough money down to Georgia today for her to purchase a Bus ticket home and a little left over for food for the 2 day bus ride.

.....This is an awful humbling experience for a man that is used to working very hard to provide for the needs of my family and loved ones. Trusting God in this way has been a tremendous blow to my pride and my personal sense of self worth and usefulness. Any body that really knows me understands how true this is.

....But again I wanted to share this with you, because as much as this might be a blow to my sinful pride it is a blessing that attests to the goodness and the glory of God.

I am out of energy for the moment but I will return in a few after I recharge my batteries with a quick power nap and share with you the other short story that I hope blesses you as much as it did me.

............................Until Then.....................

Tuesday April 15, 2008 11:30AM

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get back here to finish this posting, but I was stricken with some kind of virus or something and have not felt like writing at all for several days now....I'll finish this post and then hopefully pick back up where I left off previously with my "Never Ending Story"

I came across this story in quite the miraculous fashion as I was taking a walk last Sunday, and found an Envelope on the street. It was unsealed with only the names of James & Judi hand written on the front of it. No last name, address, or any other identifying factors on it.

.....Inside the envelope was a Photocopy of an old Ann Lander's Article from a newspaper. Contained in this article is the following story...

...Elodie Armstrong was a 90 year old lady that had been diagnosed with M.S. 40 years ago at the age of 50. Marge Wisner, is her daughter from Longview Washington. She is the one that had written to Ann Landers.

...Marge describes her mother as a special lady, full of fun, spirituality, and Faith. Her daughter said, that Mom was an inspiration to all that knew her, and that shortly after she was diagnosed with M.S. Mom wrote her own personal 10 commandments. They are as follows.

1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
4. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time anyway.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems. They can take better care of them than you can.
7. Thou shalt not try and relive yesterday for good or ill - It is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.
8. Thou shalt count thy blessings, never over looking the small ones, for a lot of small ones add up to a big one.
9. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It's very hard to learn something new when you are talking.
10. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration., for 90% of it is rooted in self pity and it will only interfere with positive action.

I am of the firm opinion that very little that happens to us is random or just by happenstance. And so it was when I just happened to find this envelope on the sidewalk with this article in it.
....I don't know if it speaks to you as much as it does me, but, in speaking for myself...It was one of those small blessings that God sometimes sends our way at just the right moment....It certainly lightened my load, I hope it does the same for you.

Your Fellow Traveler

Michael

2 comments:

BethBowling said...

To my husband of 30 plus years, father to our 3 beautiful children, father in law to 3 wonderful children and papaw to 5 grandchildren. I want to say to you that I am so proud of you and your progress on your road to recovery in your christianity. Grant it, it might be a long slow road to total recovery but I have faith that you will succeed to the goal. I stand beside you in all you do and this makes me the proudest. I'm sure that our children feel the same way. Don't let anything get in your way, focus on yourself and where you want to be in your faith.

Cowboy/Rev. said...

Sweetheart we are truly blessed to have such a beautiful Family and I am truly blessed to have a wife that has stuck by me through the good bad and the ugly times. Thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement. I believe that I can accomplish anything as long as you are by my side. I love you more today than I did yesterday if that be possible. Together, we will keep our eyes on the prize, and I can't wait until you get home. Thank God for making a way when there didn't seem to be a way.