Tuesday, April 8, 2008

HE KNOWS WHAT WE ARE IN NEED OF!!!

MARCH 8, 2008
TUESDAY NIGHT 11:00PM


.......PHILLIPIANS 4:19 - "BUT MY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS."...

That verse is not just some cute Bible passage that we like to quote because it makes us feel good, or....its a fairly short passage that makes an easy memory verse.... It is in fact a promise of God!

.....I don't know why we always put so much stock or excitement into sharing and testifying when God meets a financial need, but the fact of the business is...we live in a world unfortunately that requires you to have a source of income in order to survive and get by on a day to day basis.

.....If you don't have no money then you don't have much....Thats a shame isn't it?
.....It is....but it is the reality of the times and culture we live in.

I really want to wax eloquent on this subject and talk about what a crock of horse hockey it is for us to base so much value on the almighty dollar...and the fact of the matter is that I have had a day filled with Tribulations, Tears, and fears, a broken heart, anger, frustration anxiety, and good old fashioned...plain old being PISSED OFF!!!
$$$$$$$ AND HARDLY ANY OF IT HAD TO DO WITH MONEY$$$$$$

One quick story though before I turn in and call it a night...The truth is...I am just emotionally exhausted due to my concern for my Little Sister, I am worried to the point of it being a sin for me to be this worried....But I am....And that is all that I am going to say about that!!!!...For now!

My short Story is this.....I want to shout it from the roof tops, that today....God placed it on someones heart that I needed something and I had no idea that it was coming and really wasn't even focused on that need because of all the turmoil that I was in...
......Guess what....My mother handed me a little white envelope with my name on it!!... After I walked through the door, from my daily walk down town to the Library.
... There was a short note in it, with an amount of cash, that was more than $50.00, and Less than $100.00.
... The note went something like this...
......I've been praying, and asking God, where or to whom was I to make an offering???
... Because I always pray... and God directs me where to give?
... And, I do it in secret!
Because that,... is how the Bible tells us... we ought to do it.

If you can imagine what it is like to have been out of work and out of an income for almost 3 months now and to have the sharks circling sort of speak because they smell blood in the water....And to also know That God has me exactly where he wants me at this time in my life....and the trust and obedience that it requires for me to believe God's promises.....If you can only imagine how blessed I felt and at the same time how ashamed I was for not having the faith and trust to believe.....

............."But my God shall supply all my need according to his riches and glory in Christ Jesus."

Guess what????

"He Knows What We Are In Need Of!!!"


BE WELL

MICHAEL

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Praise the Lord! This made me cry with hope!

Cowboy/Rev. said...

As you can imagine, Aimee', My Dear Daughter, I burst into tears immediately, when I read the note and then saw a $50 a $20 and a $5 bill tucked in behind it... It wasn't enough to stave the wolves off. But, it was a great deal for the person that gave it, and it was the point... that God was showing me,... What a small matter it is, for God to meet our needs. And again, I'm not talking about the money... Thats not the point. If God Wanted to.... How easy would it be for him to direct a million people to read my Blog and then have each of them send me $1??? Nothing to it for him. But how often does he work incredible miracles in our lives and we fail to see them?...The fact that he loved me...And who am I but a speck of sand in this vast universe... A microcosm on the beach of humanity, and ...God Loved me enough to send His only Begotten Son to die for Me...To die for me! You see I know who I am. And I can't put it any better than the Apostle Paul, who said, That Among sinners, he was chief. I Know how low and wretched I am, And I'm sure there are many others in this world, that would love to be first in line to testify, as to, what a scoundrel Michael Bowling Sr truly is...But that would not be news to my Heavenly Father. No way, He would Say, "Because you have believed on the only begotten of the Father, There are many rooms in my mansion,.. and I have a place prepared for you, if it were not so I would have told you, and eye hath not seen nor ear heard of the glory that I have in store for you because you have believed in my son....Now that is the miracle that I'm Talking about. That is the need that He promised to supply For. And that is what makes me cry with hope. Praise the Lord!