Thursday, October 30, 2008

"HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART!"


......TO ALL WHO DARE TO PARTAKE OF AND ENTER THIS DOMAIN...IT WILL MAKE MORE SENSE TO YOU IF YOU REALLY WANT THE WHOLE STORY, AND WISH TO READ THIS IN THE CORRECT CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER LIKE YOU WOULD A BOOK, STARTING AT CHAPTER 1...


.......CLICK ON MARCH 08 ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THIS PAGE AND THEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE DATES OF THE POSTINGS...


....... STARTING AT THE BOTTOM AND THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP...


............BUT BE PREPARED FOR A LOT OF READING BECAUSE A GOOD PORTION OF MY BLOGS ARE THE MATERIAL THAT I INTEND TO EVENTUALLY PUBLISH AS A HISTORY OF THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE MICHAEL BOWLING SR. FAMILY...


... AND HOW GOD ALMIGHTY HAS HAD A HAND AND A PLAN FOR ALL OF OUR LIVES AS HE ORDAINED FROM BEFORE THE FOUNDATIONS OF OUR WORLD!!!




.........."MISERY LOVES COMPANY!".....


...Well let me pick up where we left off...AT Gary Knights Funeral, I was deeply affected and challenged By Pastor Billy Mann's invitation to come forward and accept Christ as our Personal "LORD & SAVIOUR"...


....I remember the tears I shed for a man that I didn't know all that well except for the fact that a week earlier he was sitting in my living room trying to convince me of the frailty and uncertainty of our mortal lives....


....Remember how I recounted to you his argument for how we mere mortals have "NO GUARANTEES" for our lives and none of us know if we will be alive tomorrow or next week or next year, or that we may never have the opportunity to make our peace with God before we die as it could happen so suddenly and so finally that we could find ourselves standing before God Almighty in judgement in the blink of an eye...


....I think the way he put it was, "THAT WE PUT OUR SHOES ON THIS MORNING, BUT THE UNDERTAKER MAY BE THE ONE TAKING THEM OFF TONIGHT!"


....And here I was sitting in a Church for the first time in a long time at his very own Memorial Service, confronted with the very same reality that he had so desperately tried to convince me of...


..."Do not harden my heart, for today is the day of Salvation, Now is the accepted time!"


....Through all of the tears and wild emotions, through all of the misery, confusion and inner conflict...I did just exactly that...I hardened my heart and rejected the Preachers pleas, to give my heart and soul to Jesus...


...I walked away from that divine appointment...That precious moment in time when God Again was calling for me to become one of his own. And because of that rejection I doomed myself to another 2 to 3 years of pure hell and misery.


....And don't you know that "MISERY LOVES COMPANY".


....That's right, I endangered everyone in my life that loved and cared for me, and created a life of misery and chaos and danger...That unfaithful decision tha I made that day set in motion a series of events that very well could have cost myself and all those I loved an eternity in a Devils Hell...doomed to be forever seperated from a loving and merciful God...


....What I need for you to understand, is that the decisions that we make or don't make on a day to day basis can very easily have eternal ramifications for the good or the bad, and they certainly have an impact on everyone's lives that we encounter and are involved with each and every day!...


....God has a destiny and a plan for all of our lives...We are here on this planet for a reason and a purpose...None of us are here by accident. Our very lives are a mission from God!


...Everyday that we live is a gift, not a problem to be solved, no matter what the circumstances are in the which we were conceived. God is the author and giver of life, and he never makes a mistake...


...Even those born with extreme handicaps, and hardships and even under the tragic circumstances of those conceived as a result of extreme violence like in the cases of rape...God has an eternal destiny to be fulfilled...


...There is a reason for our existence!...And it is up to us to realize what that reason is, and fulfill our mission.

...It pains me to say that the next several years of my young life was spent selfishly and foolishly.  In retrospect It is so apparent that Satan put on a full court press to set me up for total destruction.  The saddest part of all is that I was Satans greatest ally and partner on that wide and broad path that I was traveling on...

...The awesome thing is how God somehow put a hedge of protection around me and saved me from myself.  I certainly didn't deserve it.  I was a horrible husband and not much better as a father...Thank God our Oldest Daughter Aimee Beth was too young during this time in our lives and therefore was spared from all the damage and pain that I experienced as a child.

...The Fact of the matter is, I was young, 19 - 20 years old, a brand new adult, grown up....Even though I had lost my innocence at a very young and tender age...

     I was entering into the time of my life that all of us as kids strived for and dreamed of..."I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GROW UP, AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO...I GET TO MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS AND DO WHATEVER I WANT TO DO."....Yeah, Right!
    what a lie and disapointment that turned out to be!

I've Already shared with you some of the things I faced as a child, and many of those tragedies, I had very lit choice in what happened to me. 
........I was the victim!!!!!
  ..... Now the events in my life and those around me were impacted by the choices I made....And the things that I did.  In many ways I became the victimizer!

BUT PRAISE BE TO AN ALMIGHTY LOVING MERCIFUL GOD!   hE SAVED ME AND MY LOVED ONES FROM MYSELF...AND I WILL ATTEMPT TO SHARE WITH YOU HOW OBVIOUS AND MIRACULOUSLY GOD'S HAND AND A WHOLE HOST, OR ARMY OF ANGELS BATTLED FOR MY SURVIVAL AND SANITY UNTIL THAT FAITHFUL DAY OF APRIL 12, 1981...

YOU WILL HAVE TO TUNE AGAIN TO GET THE REST OF THAT STORY....

....."FOR WE DO NOT WRESTLE AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD,  BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES,  AGAINST POWERS, AGAINST THE RULERS OF THE DARKNESS OF THIS PRESENT AGE,  AGAINST SPIRITUAL HOSTS OF WICKEDNESS IN THE
 HEAVENLY PLACES."       

SHALOM

BROTHER MICHAEL



2 comments:

BethBowling said...

Even though I am your wife and I have lived alot of your past with you, I really need to hear it from your heart and mind. It helps me to see it from a different perspective. I'd love it if you'd post more often,

Cowboy/Rev. said...

THANK YOU DARLING, AS ALWAYS YOU ARE SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO ME AND HAVE ALWAYS STUCK BY MY SIDE AND SUPPORTED ME IN ALL THAT I DO FOR THE GOOD. I CHERISH YOU AND AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU FOR MY SOUL MATE AND COMPANION IN LIFE. IT IS MY HOPE AND PRAYER THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL REALIZE WHAT A SPECIAL PERSON THAT GOD HAS BLESSED THEM WITH FOR A MOTHER I LOVE YOU MORE NOW THAN I EVER HAVE AND HOPE THAT ONE DAY SOON I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU YOUR OWN HOME BECAUSE YOU DESERVE THAT ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF ALL THE SACRIFICES THAT YOU HAVE MADE TO BE ON THIS INCREDIBLE JOURNEY THAT I'M SURE YOU DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR WHEN YOU SAID I DO...YOUR LOVING HUSBAND AND COMPANION MICHAEL SR.