Monday, October 6, 2008

MY TESTIMONY- NEVER ENDING STORY CONTINUED!

.........."MY TESTIMONY"...........







There are many things that one can argue or challenge when it comes to sharing your beliefs in the CHRISTIAN FAITH....



....but there can be no argument or challenge to an account, or telling of our very own personal experiences!





...What I want to share with my readers, is a matter of history,...In my particular case it truly is a matter of ..."HIS-STORY!"





REV. 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony,"...








....Let me see....where do we pick up where we left off many moons ago????



...The fact of the matter is, that in many ways, my life had alot of the normal, similiar experiences that most of the kids growing up in the "Baby Boomer Generation" Had.



....We were a poor family relying on the welfare benefits provided by the Great Welfare State of Michigan to get by. I had a younger sister and brother to look out for and for the most part I went to public school in the neighborhood...I always walked in the snow...Not barefoot though like we heard so much about our grandparents used to say, but it was a couple of mile walk to Northeastern Jr. High from where we lived on Phelps Ave., in Kalamazoo.



....I played sports, Little league Baseball, Wrestling...My Best Sport personally by the way...!!!



.....Freshman Football...I weighed 110lbs. soaking wet & was the starting outside linebacker. I told you earlier I had to become a tough streetwise kid...And I did develop a taste for hitting people and inflicting pain on them...



... I also grew up to the that popular T.V. Show with David Carradine, Kung Fu, and my Step Father's Dope Dealer / Family Friend, Greg Lopez was my Sensei, and taught me Karate and took me to tournaments to fight in... I was a Jock!



... So the physical contact sports were very much a part of my identity, and sense of self worth! Even necessary for my physical well being and survival growing up on some pretty mean streets...



....In many respects my life resembled and reflected a normal experience of growing up in america as a lower middle class or even a poor kid. Often times refered to as poor white trash!



...But normalcy is such an elusive concept...Especially for those growing up in my Baby Boomer Drug infested, long haired hippy, flower power, Sex Drugs Rock n Roll, Vietnam War, Political & Social Leaders Assasinated, Racial turmoil generation!



...Normalcy ended behind the closed doors and hidden darkside that many families try and keep from the outside world.


....That is the difference between the things of God, the children of Light, and the hidden things of darkness,... Satan's domain!


JOHN 3:19-21 SAYS,


19And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

SHALOM

MICHAEL

No comments: