Thursday, December 29, 2011

"TAXI TALES" ...Mechanic Tribulations...

"HONEST COMPETENT MECHANICS???"

    One of the most highly sought after service industry commodities in most of our Lives to day is a Good, Fair, Fast, Efficient, and most importantly "HONEST"  Car Mechanic?

    Especially if your business is Transportation/ Taxi Cabs!

...Is there such a place or such a person that meets that need or fulfills that all important criteria?


...I reckon that most anybody can stand in the middle of most business districts in just about every city, town or village in America, throw a rock in every direction and hit a shop that claims to perform these services, pay anywhere from $75 to $150 an hour for labor with 75 - 100% mark up on parts.

...More often than not we walk away from these schisters swearing that never again will we have our pockets picked and our hard earned dollars wasted on shady, sketchy, scam artists.

...You know what I am talking about because unfortunately most of us  have fell victim to these con artists.

....A good an honest mechanic is worth their weight in gold and when we find them, we will sing their praises to the high heavens, and will recomend them to all of our family, friends and associates.

...and before you know it... that business will be rewarded with more clients than they can keep up with...They have to hire more help, expand their operations, and it can become exceedingly difficult to get your car fixed as quickly as you once did?

...Personally I am willing to put up with scheduling difficulties rather than feeling like I've been bent over, given a lube job without the common courteousy of a reach around...LOL!

...I can tell you this about myself and our Family Business, although I am far from being perfect or anything close to it...

...As a True Christian, things like Ethics, Honesty, Truth, Integrity, Fair Play, going the extra mile to do the right thing are important values, concepts, and reputation, or a good report are part and parcel, tools of our trade.

That is why, at the end of the day, as much as that old nature, that human side of me that grew up in a tough and ugly neighborhood, that guy that wants paybacks...Is not the "GUY"
that I really want to be.

...Jesus told us to turn the other cheek and to rather suffer ourselves to be defrauded if necessary in order to be a good ambassador of justice and that which is right even though we are being wronged!

But Momma didn't raise no fool and Jesus also said to be wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove???

...Trust me when I tell you, I don't always act like a saint,  There are times when I lose my temper and allow people to push my buttons to the point of making me mad enough to make a Preacher cuss $#^%*()*^#$.......!~

...In the Taxi Business we have to work real hard to overcome the common perception that a Cab Driver is out to rip you off and take you for the long ride around...

...More than a few times when I got into a conflict with a Fare over the price of their ride or they start in with that spiel about jacking up their fare...My response has been I am sorry that you feel that way and if I am unable to convince you otherwise?

...The ride is on the house I would rather give you a free ride than have you walk away feeling like I have robbed you...

...So you might ask yourself,  what is this all about?

...Why go into all this?  What are you trying to say?

...Current experiences inspire me or motivate me to kind of let it all out...
... work through my emotions, a sounding board if you will to get some feed back...

...To put some distance between my anger and frustrations before I act, rather than going off half cocked and doing and saying something that I will later regret...

...It can also serve a need to inform a reader to not go there, waste their time or money, or maybe encourage someone to support or patronize a business that is worthy of their hard earned dollars.  To inform that this is someone you can trust, or not!!!

...I can tell you that I have found a great Mechanic whose shop I have spent thousands of dollars with over the past 2 years who has gone well above and beyond the call of duty on many occasions to service our vehicles...

"COMPLETE CARE AUTOMOTIVE"...Owned and operated by Matt McClung It is just past The Pumpkin Mans Farm West on M-43 across the street from the Wolf Lake Fish Hatchery Between Kalamazoo  and Vanburen County 269 - 668-5169

... I have never felt cheated or over charged or that I was being billed for uneeded repairs...I always felt that they appreciated my business and were more than worthy of our support and recommendations...

...This kind of mechanic, Matt's shop is a rare find in todays marketplace and much sought after by John Q Public.  The one problem this caused us, is  they have become so busy now that I sometimes have trouble getting my repairs done as quick as I need them...

...As a result we have had to recently resort to a plan B if you will and thought that Possibly an old friend from my wife Beth's childhood might be a safe bet...Someone we could trust in this day of the internet, Facebook and all...

...But the Jury is still out, although our deliberations appear to be coming back with an all too familiar conclusion...

...After 3 or 4 shots of letting Pete attempt to do the right thing and therefore earning our confidence and our business...

...All I am left with, is a feeling that this guy is unprofessional especially after leaving voice mails on my office managers phone filled with expletives, cussing, cursing and threats...

  ...I have already been overcharged for previous repairs that I paid...
... had unauthorized work performed on another vehicle...

... a ridiculous estimate given on a vehicle that needed some front end work, but was estimated an almost complete overhaul from front to back...
... And then presented with a ridiculous bill for the estimate, 

...I have purposely left out the name of this business As I am not out to get paybacks or hurt the guy,  Maybe if he reads this he'll have a change of heart or Philosophy on how to run an honest and successful business...

...A good cab company can be a great source of advertising for a good mechanic as we provide rides all the time for individuals who have just left there car at a shop to be repaired or take them back to pick up their vehicles after they have been repaired...

...Often times the conversation  on the rides  turns to a rant and rave session on all the horror stories over car repairs... experiences, and there by opening the door to pass along a good word of mouth reccomendation  or a thumbs down on a mechanics shop.

...I have even passed out Matt's Business cards and Phone number out of our appreciation for his good work...
If you need a good mechanic that will treat you fair and honest then call the good folks at ...

Complete Care Automotive 269-668-5169, and ask for Matt.  Tell him That Michael from GodSpeed Taxi reccomended him.  They are truly a business worthy of your Patronage




Michael

No comments: