Thursday, December 11, 2008

GOD'S CALLING IS IRREVOCABLE & WITHOUT REPENTANCE!

..."THERE IS NO GREATER KNOWLEDGE IN THIS LIFE, THAN THAT OF KNOWING, THAT YOUR LIFE, AND YOUR ACTIVITIES, ARE DEAD CENTER,... SPOT ON BULLSEYE,... IN THE MIDDLE OF GOD'S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE."

....ROMANS 11:29 -
........."FOR THE GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD ARE IRREVOCABLE."

...There are few things in life that are more precious and satisfying.... than knowing that you are absolutely doing that very thing for which your life was intended.

....That was the awesome sense, and blessed privelage that was mine on November 30, 2008 when I stood before that small congregation and a small contingent of family members,...

... My life long soul mate, Miss Beth, my youngest daughter April and Son Tyler, My mother, Shirley,  Aunt Sheena and Cousin Sherry... 

On That wonderful Lord's day, the Sunday Following our American Holiday, Thanksgiving,...For the First time in a long time,...

...It had been Over eight years since I had stood in the pulpit of a church and preached for a Sunday Morning Worship Service,

 And here I stood,... blessed and honored with the privelage of Filling the Pulpit at Victory Baptist Church in Kalamazoo,  Michigan.

...The Irony was...

...The last time I had Preached at a Sunday Morning Worship Service in Kalamazoo was at Victory Baptist at the request of my good friend and colleague Dr. Joseph Shaler .

      That was over 18 years ago in 1991, just before we left for Seminary in Louisville.

Pastor Joe had been a great friend and had invited me to speak one last time before before we left town, and Victory Church  threw a going away party for my family and I.

...God has an amazing way of demonstrating his approval and His blessing...
 It became so crystal clear to me...
 At that very moment...
That God again, was re-affirming the fact,
.. That it was He,
 That had called me so long ago  shortly after I was gloriously saved on April 12, 1981 12:05PM @ The Texas Avenue Baptist Church In DeRidder Louisiana...

God had in fact, called me into the gospel ministry,... and that calling was without repentance, as it is  translated in the King James Version...

.. Romans 11:29 -

"For the gifts and calling of God are without Repentance."

...As I stood up before the congregation and opened my mouth...
At that very moment...
... I had peace in my heart,
 That preaching the Gospel Of Jesus,
 was exactly what God intended for me to do with my life...

Sometime in the late 90's After being shot almost to death again by the very people that I was ministering to...(CHRISTIANS ALWAYS SHOOT THEIR OWN WOUNDED) I decided that I was going to retire from professional ministry and live the life of your average member of a Church Congregation. I needed simplicity in my life and I had a succesful Landscaping Company that needed my time and attention. (But that's a whole other story for another time!)
...I now knew, once again...
 that all of the things that I had attempted to put my hand to for all these years  would eventually come to naught, and was destined to failure.

...Again, it was at that very moment as I stood before the congregation to deliver God's message...

 That I realized that not doing that very thing That God had created me for....... was at the root of all my failures, frustrations and depressions.

....Victory Church's Pulpit, is currently vacant,
... and as I sensed God's power and annointing on this short, powerful sermon... 
 ...God had so passionately inspired in my heart...

...I couldn't help but wonder if???

 Maybe....?... God was opening a new chapter in mine and my families life,...
.... and the life of that small but precious Church?

...Would it be too much for me to hope for?
 Or be too presumptious???
... on my part,
... To think that maybe???
..... God was calling me to be,
The Next Pastor of Victory Church?

...Would to God, that I might be granted the blessed privelage...
.. To once again embark on a fantastic journey...
Pursuing the opportunity to lead that precious congregation in advancing God's Kingdom, and reaching that community for the glory of God!

Hallelujah!

Would that be too much to hope for?

...I can only hope,
 That if that is in fact?
 God's will for our lives...
...That it will become so apparent to myself, and to that Church...
That the doors will swing wide open in such a way that there would be no doubt at all that this is truly what God had ordained...

...I do know this...

....That already, God has given me a vision, and a strategy  for that Church to grow, and reach many souls ...Only time will tell!

And I will prayerfully and excitedly wait for God's will to be made known and realized in this matter...

"FOR THE GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD ARE IRREVOCABLE!"

IN JESUS NAME AND FOR HIS SAKE

BROTHER MICHAEL

2 comments:

BethBowling said...

I am so very glad that you broke through that tall thick wall that you had built up and listened to God's voice. I have seen a complete turn around in your persona and now when I look into your eyes I see life instead of that lost look that you have had for so long. With the temptations that have popped up from satan since you preached God's Word (you know what I'm talking about) just confirms to me that you arw doing what He has called you to do. I see happiness taking the place of depression and that feels so good

BethBowling said...

Always remember the words I've heard you yourself say many times.
"When the Lord starts blessin-the Devil starts messin" Keep on your toes, I guarantee he's lerking close by.