Monday, February 9, 2009

TRUST...

...Trust is such a hard virtue to recover once you have lost it, or more appropriately said, "Thrown it Away!"


It is almost impossible to recover...Believe me, when I say, I understand how difficult it is to trust someone when they have violated your trust...

The fact is, that trusting someone comes down to a choice...A conscious decision that we make personally to extend our trust to someone is such a fearful thing to do, because unfortunately, many of us have had their trust in someone violated in ways that are so hurtful, that it almost defies description.


Here's what I believe, in regards to trusting anyone or anything ever again.


It absolutely has to come from the perspective of placing your trust in a higher authority than whoever or whatever it is that you are choosing to place your trust in...
...For me...
.......What I have to do,  is ...


...Place my Trust in God, that whatever the risk I am taking, or the hurt that I am willing to expose myself to...

Is committed into His Hands and his watchcare.


...When we do that, God honors that Trust and confidence that we have committed to Him, and assures us, that no matter what the outcome is???


Whatever the consequence??

Whether it be positive, or negative???

 He Hath Promised us:

"WE KNOW THAT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD, TO THEM WHO ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE."


The one thing that I try to immediately establish with anyone or any group whereby I am in a position of leadership or in need of having a certain amount of trust extended to me is,

 Their are three realities, or facts if you will...
that will eventually manifest their presense.


#1. I'm going to let you down.


#2. I'll disapoint you.


#3. I'll make you mad some how, or you'll become angry with me personally, or angry about somethimg I say or do or don't do???


I know these things are true from past experience...That is part of the wisdom you gain from age.


This dynamic always happens in the course of human affairs...Especially if we place the other person on a pedestal, or place them in high esteem.


And even though I personally would never do those things on purpose...I know all too well that eventually it will become the case, try as I might to avoid it.


...Why is it important to know this?

Important that we are aware of these possibilities in advance?

So we won't be so surprised or disappointed when it happens!

It has been said, "To be fore-warned, is to be fore-armed!"




No comments: