Tuesday, March 3, 2009

YESTERDAY IS GONE...TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Tim McGraw sings a song with a line in it that says that we need to live each day as if we were dyeing!

...It suddenly occurred to me this morning that I have been taking my leisure time in the tellin of my story...

...As if I had all the time in the world to tell it and I all of a sudden had this dreadful feeling that what if something happened and I never got to finish the story???

...I know that each day that goes by, the story is still being realized and played out, but I also realized that there are some very important parts that have not yet been recorded if for no other reason than the fact that our grandchildren and their childrens children might have some very important events recorded for them in my own words so they will have a sense of their very own personal histories.

...Now I'm not trying to be morbid here, as if I've had some kind of premonition in regards to my own mortality and maybe I'll very soon be departing this planet...

...But I have realized lately that there are some very important things that I need to say whilst I still have the opportunity...

...Do Y'all remember how I've talked about some people in my life that were my true heroes and what an awesome impact they have had on my life?

...I know that I've brought it up before...How much love and admiration I have for my wife, Miss Beth, but I really need to tell you and her exactly how incredible of a person she really is!!!

...If my children only knew and realized what kind of a treasure they have in their Mother...I can only Imagine how much differently they might treat her and cherish her...

...Our own lives today are so much further improved and we are so much the better persons because of her love and watchcare that she personally has invested and contributed to our lives.

...As I have watched her lately interacting with our granddaughter...I was reminded or maybe even became truly aware for the first time the purity and genuine quality of her love...The depth of that love if you will...

What a joy it is to see her light up when she is interacting with Alexisand not only her but the depth of her love that is so evident with all of our babies...not only our grand children but it has brought back so many precious memories of her mothering our own children...

...I just wished that Aimee could remember how her mother was with her when she was that yyoung and beyond...After all, she was an only child for the first seven years of her life until Michael II {Repeat} came along.

Oh how she doted on that little girl!

I see it and remember how she was with Aimee when I see her today with Alexis.  That's not to take anything away from how she was with Michael and April because believe me when I tell you about her love and her care for each one of our children...It was and still is special...

But Aimee was blessed in a very special way when it came to having Miss Beth as her Mother...And I have been  doubley blessed as well to have her as my wife and as the mother and grandmother of our children.

The fact that she is still here with me today makes her more than my hero and I just need to get this said at the least...just in case...

And I have plenty more to share and shed some light on what an incredible person my wife truly is...I look forward to telling some more of her story

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dad.
You are So Right. We are Very blessed To my her as Our Mother. She has alwasy been there For us for EVERYTHING. No matter what we may have stumbled upon in life. Mom Is One of My Heros. I am forever debted to her. taking me to cheerleading,gymnastics,school, modeling. Going over to friends house.
my other hero in life is You! you have been there for us alwasy making sure we have food in our bellies, Roof over are head, clothes on our back. No to mention if we wanted to go to skate O Rama, the the club, or money in general, horses, fishing. Coming to the football games. You were there. You adn My are my heros and and very proud to call you my parents.
I love you. So does Tyler & Lexi!

Cowboy/Rev. said...

Thank you April, I have made so many mistakes in my life and have so many regrets but my family is the one thing that I can point to and say that if I never lived another day or never accomplished another thing then I could go in peace because I know that the members of my family are destined to do great things in this world...So the truth is that each one of our kids are your mothers and my heroes and we can't wait to see what kind of greatness that all of you aspire to...I'm so proud you have gone back to school and have graduated...way to go love Dad